Haldi doodh, also known as golden milk, is touted for its healing, anti-inflammatory properties.
The key ingredient of this yellow-colored soothing drink is turmeric, a yellow spice popular in Asian cuisine, which gives curry its yellow color.
Curcumin, the active component in turmeric, has been used in Ayurvedic medicine as well in South East Asian cuisine for centuries due to its strong antioxidant and medicinal properties.
Benefits Of Curcumin
- Loaded with antioxidants
- May help reduce inflammation and joint pain
- May improve memory and brain function
- May improve mood
- May protect against heart disease
- May lower blood sugar levels
- May reduce your risk of cancer
- Has antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal properties
This healing drink is packed with nutritious property and amazing fragrance. It can be served as latte or holiday drink on dining table.
- 1000 ml Coconut Milk or Paste
(canned coconut paste is ideal, but carton also works as long as sulfites / carrageenan are being used as preservatives)
- 1 1/2 tsp Ground Turmeric
- 1/4 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cinnamon
(I prefer All Spice!)
- 1tsp Unrefined Coconut Oil
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
(Piperine in black pepper helps absorption of curcumin)
- Sweetener of choice
(Stevia is best, but a dash of 100% pure maple syrup works)
- Add all ingredients in a small saucepan.
- Whisk frequently to combine and warm over medium heat. Heat until hot to the touch but not boiling.
- Turn off heat and taste to adjust flavor.
- Serve hot is ideal